Monday, September 22, 2008

Dolls from Europe

These two dolls are not very distinct. When I bought them, the box label said Belgium and Germany. Don't ask me which is which, I got them mixed. Maybe the red one is from Germany, and I call her Bertha. But they both look the same to me. Only their costumes changed. They are plastic, made in China. The ceramic clogs I placed there because I don't have a Dutch doll yet. Because I classify these two darlings under Benelux countries.

Well, these two are in a really sorry state, but they are from the collection of Dr. Maria Laosunthara, sent to me in a box from Thailand. The girl, who reminds me of Little Miss Bopeep or Mary had a little lamb, is a plastic souvenir doll. The coat of arms on her skirt says "Geneve" so she must be from Switzerland. Her body is broken, I just assembled her, and any slight movement will break her. Poor girl. Well, the young man beside her, must come from Budapest, or some such exotic place. In which other country, aside from Scotland, do men wear skirts?

No comments: