Monday, December 1, 2008

The Barbies

I decided to include Barbies in my collection because of the Dolls of the World series. My first one is the Princess of Ancient Mexico (see bottom), which I bought in Penang, Malaysia. Now I regret that I did not buy the Princess of England that stood beside her. She was gone when I went back to Parkson Grand Penang.


Irish Dance of the Festivals of the World series

Cinco de Mayo (Mexico), Festivals of the World

In my wish list are the Chinese New Year and the Oktoberfest Barbies. The last one was sold for 9.99 USD at amazon.com one time, but I was half-decided to buy it, so I did not finish the purchase. The next day, it was selling at 16.99 USD. Waaaah! I wasn't ready to pay more for something offered for less just a day before. I thought it was anomalous.
Princess of the Danish Court


Princess of the Portuguese Court

Princess of Ancient Mexico

The Princess of the Portuguese and Danish Courts were given to me by my sister Jane who lives in Riverside, Ca. There's still plenty of their kind that I have to get, but they were released some years ago, definitely not available in the toy shops anymore.

In my recent shopping at amazon, I got the France, Russia, and Germany Barbies of the Europe edition (ca 2004-2006), and the Queen Elizabeth of the Great Eras series. Now, am very excited with this purchase. I hope Janey will send the balikbayan box very soon.

The Barbies in my doll collection will be specially grouped as The Shine Collection, in honor of my niece Shine, who should be getting all these Barbies. I buy her the play line instead, and I keep the collectibles for her.

Photos of all Barbies in this blog are from amazon.com. Mine still have to schedule a photo shoot.

No comments: