Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Watch out for the new dollies

I received my orders from amazon and from barbiecollector.com yesterday. Thanks to Nanay who brought them all the way from Riverside, Ca. and to my sis Jane, who added to great items to my collection - a princess of the Portuguese court and a princess of the Danish court Barbie. These two are in my wishlist and I almost lost hope of having them because they're no longer in the barbie collector catalogue. Thanks very much, Janey.

The Portuguese and Danish court princess join the princess of Ancient Mexico, Cinco de Mayo, Irish Dance Festival, Sumatra and Spain barbies in my collection. I am waiting for the France and Scotland barbies of the Dolls of the World series to be released by January, according to barbiecollector.com. Have you seen the Scarlet Macaw barbie featured this month?

Also a reason for joy are the three Barbies of the Alice in Wonderland series - Alice herself, the Queen of Hearts, and the Madhatter. I bought them at only 12 USD each from barbiecollector.com. From amazon, I am happy with the Ling doll in blue Chinese dress, and the 19" Duckhouse porcelain doll in gypsy costume. The Indian doll is quite a disappointment, but it comes with a certificate too.

While in Manila over the weekend, I made the rounds of major toyshops and malls and debated with my conscience to use my credit card or not for the Barbie collectibles I saw. These are the Vera Wang edition (11,000 Php), Artist Barbie (5,000 Php), Juicy Couture (6,000 Php), Tarina Tarantino (3,000), and Holiday 2008 (3,000). Fashion Barbies are not yet in my collection policy, but these collectibles are really excellently dressed, and could cause envy in one's collection. But in this time of crisis, I thought it was not moral for me to buy them. Perhaps I had to wait for another time, when barbiecollector.com gives hefty discounts again. Or when friends buy them for me.

Meanwhile, Nenita Dolls have come up with tableaux editions of Philippine dolls in various settings. I saw them at Kultura shops. They will be my next objects of desire, including the complete line of Santacruzan dolls.

No comments: